Ozone Therapy, nature’s healer at an office that transcends conventional dentistry
Transcendentist is excited to introduce ozone therapy to our clients in and around Berkeley, California. This versatile treatment is a great complement with the many other natural, “green,” gentle, holistic, and biological procedures and technologies available at our office.
When many people hear the word “ozone,” they tend to think of the part of the Earth’s atmosphere that behaves like a shield to protect us from dangerous ultraviolet radiation from the sun: the ozone layer. However, ozone that has been used for medical applications for more than a century refers to the colorless gas administered to heal everything from gastrointestinal (GI) upset to skin disorders.
Ozone is a versatile healer due to its microbe-fighting, anti-inflammatory, and pain-relieving properties. The magic of ozone resides in its characteristic three atoms of oxygen. This form of oxygen is considered to be highly reactive or energized because ozone triggers a process that shakes off the additional or third oxygen atom. As this occurs, the “cell envelopes” of disease-producing organisms or pathogens are disrupted. Such harmful substances are then destroyed and eliminated from the body.
Additionally, ozone triggers a beneficial process of boosting the immune system response as more oxygen is activated and released. This positive immune reaction generally supports rapid healing.
Ozone at our office
Ozone may be applied painlessly, non-invasively, quickly, safely, and predictably as a gas, liquid (ozonated water), or oil (ozonated oils). Our skilled and experienced dentists, Drs. Ruhi Sangha and Praj Kamat may introduce ozone in various preventative, general, and restorative dentistry procedures. We’ve isolated just a few of the ways that Transcendentist transcends conventional dentistry through the use of ozone:
- During hygiene visits, ozone can be administered as a disinfectant to protect the teeth and surrounding tissues from threats such as dental decay and periodontal disease.
- As a periodontal therapy, ozone conservatively and gently resolves chronic gum infections and encourages healthy reattachment of the supportive soft tissues to the teeth.
- Periodontal maintenance may also include ozone gas, ozonated water, or oil to prevent the need for therapies and keep protective tissue healthy and functional.
- Existing severe or deep infections affecting the innermost tooth structure are properly and proactively managed to prevent them from spreading.
- Ozone is appropriate to “remineralize” tooth structure by bulking up a tooth’s natural defenses (its enamel).
- Ozone also enhances comfort and quality of life by relieving the pain associated with tooth sensitivity and painful ulcers, and other oral sores.
- As an adjunct to root canal therapy, ozone aids in the successful preservation of the natural tooth by thoroughly eradicating bacteria and sanitizing the root canals during treatment.
Ozone therapy near me in Berkeley, CA
We encourage you to experience the Transcendentist difference for yourself. Ozone therapy is just the tip of the iceberg for the many ways we differentiate ourselves from other dental practices in Berkeley, CA. These differences add up to an exceptional experience for our clients and lasting, positive treatment outcomes.
And, when you partner with Drs. Sangha and Kamat, you also support responsible community members and environmental stewards. Call (510) 800-7660 to schedule your visit or request a virtual consultation today.