- "I have been Dr. Fred Pockrass's patient for over 10 years. I feel so lucky to have found him. His work is his artistry and he has turned my smile into something of which I am proud..." Read More TestimonialsCarol B.
- I highly recommend going to the Transcendentist. Dr Pockrass is calm, kind and very thorough. I have full confidence that he will catch any cavity, abnormality, etc, and he is very passionate... Read More TestimonialsIris B
- "I fell like I can finally refer to a dentist as "my dentist". Transcendentist is comfortable and provides excellent service. I have always been met with pat..." Read More TestimonialsShalene R
- "I rarely write reviews, but I must not neglect this one. I'm not even sure where to begin. My experience with Dr. Fred and the staff of this 'Tran..."Read More TestimonialsLana B
- "I am VERY serious about my doctors. I once flew from San Francisco to Anchorage just for superior back treatment. Dr. Fred is the only dentist I have ever..."Read More TestimonialsCorey R
- "I find the people, including Ina to be extraordinarily helpful and kind. I guess everyone has a bad day now and again. But seriously, this is an office full of peo…"Read More TestimonialsElizabeth P
- "If you are searching for a new way to experience dental care you have to give Transcendentist® a try. The minute you step into their san…"Read More TestimonialsSole S
- "It feels so good to be able to truly say that I love my dentist! The moment I enter the office, I feel at home. Dr. Fred and his wife, Ina, together with all of the staff..." Read More TestimonialsTaylor P.
Latest Reviews From Around The Web
From: Mauricio Reese Ramos
“Bar none the best dentist in the Bay Area is still Dr.Pockrass at Transcendentist. My daughters had some cavities and we attempted a different dentist closer to where we live but both girls could not handle the pain with that dentist. Knowing they had had such a positive experience with Dr. Fred Pockrass previously we made the pilgrimage to Berkeley. Now they are all smiles again. Always worth the drive.”
From: Rebecca Wainess
Meet Berkeley Dentist Dr. Fred Pockrass
Hello and Welcome to the Website for Transcendentist® and Dr. Fred Pockrass, Imagine a Berkeley Dentist’s Office that embodies the kind of innovative thinking synonymous with Berkeley.
Dr. Fred Pockrass has been a Restorative and General Dentist for more than 30 years. He graduated from McGill University, Montreal, Canada, and began his practice in Ottawa, the capital city of Canada, revitalizing the practice of a retiring Dentist. After eight years, Berkeley Dentist Dr. Pockrass fulfilled a life-long dream of studying with a meditation master in India and moved to the Himalayas. While there, he created a Western-style dental clinic and until late 2000, served as personal Dentist to a renowned Indian guru and provided dental care to clients from around the world. Always an avid student of the latest advances in Dentistry, he has completed the acclaimed PAC-Live program in Aesthetic Dentistry at University of the Pacific in San Francisco, CA and multiple advanced restorative courses through the Hornbrook Group.
Dr. Pockrass has practiced meditation, yoga and Tai Chi for most of his adult life. His passion is transforming his clients’ experience of the Dentist and making each person an expert in their own oral well-being.
Berkely Dentist Dr. Pockrass offers the following Family and Cosmetic Dental Services: Dental Implants • Mercury-Free Dentistry • Dental Crowns • Dental Bridges • Tooth-Colored Fillings • Invisalign Clear Braces • Teeth Whitening
Mercury Free Dentistry
Dr. Fred Pockrass’ office is mercury free (amalgam/silver filling-free) and mercury safe and he is dedicated to the practice of whole person, wellness-based dentistry. He enjoys sharing information about holistic wellness with our clients so that they can make informed choices about their dental care in the healthiest and friendliest environment possible. His office has an amalgam separator installed, which captures mercury-containing material, protecting local waterways. He uses established protocols for removal of degraded mercury fillings in a safe and comfortable manner, and is a long-standing member of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology. And, he is well versed in the critically important relationship between oral well-being and overall health.
Porcelain Veneers • Teeth Whitening
Full Mouth Reconstruction
General dentistry is the care you need to keep your teeth and gums clean, healthy, and strong. Cosmetic Dentistry refers to a variety of dental treatments and procedures that improve the appearance of teeth and gums and maximize functionality. At Transcendentist®, our Cosmetic Dental Services range from replacement of a single missing front tooth to full-mouth reconstruction.
Clear Retainer Braces
Some people avoid orthodontics because they can’t stand the thought of wearing metal braces. Invisalign™, provides a metal-free solution that uses clear, BPA-free aligners. Ask us if you are a good candidate for Invisalign and let us help you get the straight teeth you’ve always wanted!
Non-Surgical Periodontal Gum Therapy
Berkeley Dentist Dr. Pockrass is one of the early adopters of laser therapy to treat gum disease and to sculpt gum tissue. Lasers harness and focus light energy, allowing us to precisely target the areas needing attention, while leaving surrounding areas unaffected. Our clients report decreased sensitivity and virtually no bleeding with this high-tech non-surgical option.
Implant Retained Dentures
Missing teeth are perhaps the most obvious and challenging obstacle to a beautiful smile. If you have one or more missing teeth, Berkeley Dentist Dr. Pockrass of Transcendentist® can show you how dental implants can solve your problem permanently. From single tooth replacement to implant-anchored bridges, ask us how implants can help you get back to the natural smile you love!
Green Dentistry Berkeley
Every aspect of our space has been designed to maximize your comfort, and to reflect our commitment to environmentally sound business practices. Our office is the very first green dental office in the country. Sustainability permeates every aspect of our practice from biocompatible dental materials, to walls finished with paint that doesn’t contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs), to digital imaging, to text message appointment reminders. Ask for the amazing tour of our green dental office!
After a rigorous multi-agency inspection process coordinated by the Bay Area Green Business Program (www.greenbiz.ca.gov),
our dental office was certified as a green business in 2003, and re-certified every 3 years since.
Transcendentist® is pleased to have won the Susanne Wilson Award for Pollution Prevention/Resource Conservation from the Acterra Business Environmental Awards 2007, in recognition of the creation of the model for an environmentally sound dental office.
In 2008, Dr. Pockrass and his wife Ina Pockrass Co-Founded The Eco-Dentistry Association®, providing dental professionals the world over with a certification program for green dental offices, and educating the public about the benefits of eco-friendly dentistry.